Leap Year roles for men
by Janet Jacobsen
Jan/Feb 2004 issue
Leap Year was traditionally the time when women were allowed
to be a bit more assertive and do things like asking men to marry them.
While this may seem out of date, now that women are safely holding such
roles as driving earth-movers and serving on the Supreme Court, nevertheless
we felt now was the time to remind the fellas of how they need to behave
1. Keep dancing and talking with a woman all evening, even though youre
not really interested, because she asked you to dance and you dont
want to hurt her feelings.
2. Memorize the number for Dial-a-Prayer to use when a woman asks for
your number and you dont want to give it to her, but youre
afraid to tell her youd rather not.
3. Have a back-up e-mail address for the same purpose.
4. When you do give someone you like your number, wait at home every evening
for her to call. Dont call her; shell think youre too
5. Expect her to drive her car on dates and to always come to pick you
up and deliver you home. Feel hurt if she wants you to drive now and then.
6. Feel obligated when a woman takes you out and spends money on you.
7. Feel pressured if she buys you gifts.
8. Nevertheless, always assume that shes paying for everything,
no matter how broke you know she is.
9. Kissing and cuddling on a first date are ok, but if you do more than
that, she wont respect you.
10. Always let her make the first move.